Mrs. Carla Monti

Mrs. Carla Monti

Monday, February 1, 2016

Blue Apron: Part 3

Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches with Endive & Blue Cheese Salad
  • I don't eat blue cheese, so I put the crumbles aside in a little dish for hubby to scatter over his sandwiches.
  • This could've used more hot sauce - the teeny amount provided was barely enough.
  • I was a little wary of this one because I had never cooked with chicken thighs before, always breasts, but I was pleasantly surprised by how meaty and flavorful this was.




Juicy Lucy Burgers With Frizzled Onion & Romaine Walnut Salad
  • This dish instantly became one of my favorites. Inside the burger is melty cheddar cheese, and the salad looks elegant with its carrot ribbons! 
  • I chose to make the frizzled onion apart and hubs ate it atop his burger.
  • The burger was moist and flavorful, and tasted great with the simple salad as an accompaniment. 



Korean Tteok & Spicy Pork Ragu with Baby Bok Choy
  • Delicious! Another favorite.
  • Those chewy, yummy rice cakes were a new ingredient for us and I really liked them!
  • The ground pork was spicy and very flavorful.
  • Overall a winner!



Seared Salmon & Salsa Verde With Orange, Spinach & Farro Salad
  • This one was disappointing. I did not like the salsa verde at all - the spicy bite of the raw garlic was so overpowering, I scraped mine off my salmon.
  • The spinach and farro were delicious together, but I could've had it without the orange. The orange flavor was confusing, and I would definitely leave it out last time.
  • In my last poll, I was extolling the virtues of quinoa, and now I must add my love for farro. I am really discovering some wonderful new grains!


No comments:

Post a Comment