Mrs. Carla Monti

Mrs. Carla Monti

Monday, August 7, 2017

Chicken Cashew Lettuce Wraps!

I love ordering chicken lettuce wraps at PF Changs, and when I saw one of my favorite food blogs, Cupcakes and Kale Chips post a video with a similar recipe on their Facebook page, I was instantly intrigued.

I made a few modifications to the recipe (link here). First, I baked organic chicken tenderloins in the oven with sesame oil, salt and pepper, and then shredded them. I prepared the sauce as dictated in the recipe, but I added half a teaspoon of ground ginger spice. I put the cashews in the food processor with a bit of heavy cream, to make a kind of chunky paste. I then simmered the shredded chicken, cashews and sauce together over medium heat for 10-15 minutes. I used romaine lettuce leaves as the cups, and garnished with some sesame seeds. Delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment