Mrs. Carla Monti

Mrs. Carla Monti

Monday, August 7, 2017

Chocolate Zucchini Muffins!

As you can see from my recent posts, I love "hiding" vegetables in everything from dessert to the main course. I think it's a fun and tasty way to add more servings of vegetables and also have a healthier meal overall. My fellow mamas will understand this as well and I have a very active toddler at home to keep me on my toes!

This recipe is heavenly - there is an entire large zucchini in this batch of muffins, and I got about 14 muffins out of it.

I am not sure why the author does not specify to wring excess water from the grated zucchini, but I did, and I highly recommend that anyone following the recipe does so as well. My muffins came out very moist, with the perfect "melt in your mouth" consistency, so I have no doubt that excess water would have made them a mess.

So after you grate the zucchini on your box grater (using a microplane would be a pain here), use a thin kitchen towel to get out all that extra water (avoid using paper towels, they crumble too easily).

I used chocolate milk for the liquid component, but you could use any kind of milk you'd like to. A smidge of espresso powder (or instant coffee granules) is always a good addition to any chocolate baked good.

Recipe link here!




Summer 2020:





No comments:

Post a Comment