Mrs. Carla Monti

Mrs. Carla Monti

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Home Chef: Umami Burgers!

One of my friends at work recently signed up for Home Chef, a Blue Apron style meal delivery service where you do all the prep work and cooking at home. My husband and I are big Blue Apron fans - it about saved my life after I had G and went back to work and couldn't figure out how to also go grocery shopping and cook dinner. Once I got my groove back, we cancelled the service, but we certainly have fond memories of that time.

Home Chef allowed my colleague to send one week's worth of meals to a friend for free, so last week Mike and I received our box! Last night I cooked the first of three meals, Umami Burgers!

The recipe link is here.

My take was that the burgers were good, but too oily for my taste. I liked the aioli, mushrooms and cheese combo, but choose not to put red onion on mine (hubs did for his). I accidentally used the sweet potato for a separate dish last week, so I roasted some small yellow potatoes to use as the side dish to the burgers.




No comments:

Post a Comment