Mrs. Carla Monti

Mrs. Carla Monti

Friday, November 10, 2017

My Love Affair With Aldi's!

I am a newly devoted shopper at Aldi's, and I try to make it there at least once a week. When cooking dinner for some friends a few weekends ago, I was shocked to discover that my entire purchase (appetizer, entree and wine) for dinner cost only $31! Check out my haul below.


Having tried and tested several times, I feel confident enough to write a brief guide on what to definitely buy at Aldi's, and what to avoid.

Buy, buy buy!

  • Salmon, salmon, salmon! It is delicious, and HALF the price of what you are paying at Publix or Whole Foods, easily!
  • Chicken breast - the flavor is the same as Publix, and a bit cheaper too.
  • Wine! I love their Winking Owl brand (less than $3) a bottle. I buy white to cook with and Cabernet or Merlot to drink!
  • Fresh produce: spinach, zucchini, yellow squash, strawberries, etc. I wish that you could buy just ONE thing, like one large potato, instead of a huge bag of 10, but oh well.
  • Chocolate - they have some delicious and very legit German brands for sale
Skip!
  • Toilet paper, baby food/snacks, milk, chips, bread. I had bad experiences with these, so I save these for my Walmart/Publix trips on the weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment