Mrs. Carla Monti

Mrs. Carla Monti

Friday, February 9, 2018

Beyond Burger!

I had come across an article reviewing the Beyond Burger (article link here), and I was immediately intrigued. Although my family and I are meat-eaters, I enjoy making veggie burgers at home from time to time, to mix things up. The Beyond Burger is interesting, because although it's entirely plant-based, each burger patty has 20 grams of protein, and is 100% vegan. These can be found at Whole Foods, in the refrigerated section.

My husband grilled ours, and I toasted sesame buns, and added lettuce and provolone cheese to the burgers. They tasted good, I think it was obvious that they weren't meat, but not in a bad way, and I was surprised that they featured a faint BBQ flavor, which I wasn't prepared for.





No comments:

Post a Comment